Student Resource Center
The Student Resource Center (SRC) is designed to help students in the development of an educational plan that is compatible with their academic and life goals. The SRC works in collaboration with other university resources including major departments and major advisors to provide additional support for the students within the College of Health & Social Sciences (CHSS).
- Academic Planning (GE/DARS/DPR/Major)
- Freshman Transitioning Support
- Impacted Major Consultation
- Academic Probation Advising
- General Life/Support Counseling
- Petition Consultation
- Career Prep and Planning
- Major Career Exploration
- Graduation Check (GE and Graduation Requirements)
- Resume and Cover Letter Help
The College of Health & Social Sciences’ Student Resource Center (SRC) seeks to foster an environment that encourages diverse and inclusive perspectives as well as innovation, while inspiring collaboration amongst our students, faculty and staff. We encourage members of our community to think critically and make informed decisions that deepen their understanding of larger, broader goals.
The SRC’s mission is to promote students’ academic success and timely graduation while nurturing skills that benefit them in college and beyond as productive members of society. The SRC pursues its mission with empathy and fairness, offering a safe environment for all, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or political beliefs.
Phone: (415) 405-3740
Fax: (415) 405-3415
Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132, HSS Building, Room 254
How to schedule an appointment:
- Login to Navigator with SF State credentials
- Select the blue "Get Assistance" button on the right side of the screen.
- Choose Type of Appointment (Advising)
- Choose Type of Service
- Choose Advisor Location "CHSS Student Resource Center"
- Pick an advisor/staff member. You dont need to select the a specific advisor. Select "next" to check appointment availability.
- Select a day/time. Click the "AM" and "PM" blue buttones to see times available for the specific day. Select "next" once a day and time have been selected.
- Review appointment details. If correct, confirm appointment.
February 7 to Friday, April 1:
Monday/Wednesday: 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 2-4 p.m.
Topics are limited and longer discussion may require scheduled appointment.
Subject to change based on availability.