Please continue to use the CHSS Help Desk to submit requests for help with IT, web support or Operations/Facilities.
Log into Help Desk portal
Phone: (415) 405-3691
Instructions and Guidance for Remote Operations
(updated March 20, 2020):
Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is being replaced with GlobalProtect VPN client.
Cisco AnyConnect will stop functioning on Aug. 15, 2020.
If you need to use VPN - please download and install GlobalProtect VPN client using instructions found on ITS website.
Once it's installed here is how to log into GlobalProtect:
- Launch the installed GlobalProtect software
- Enter gp.sfsu.edu in the Portal Address box and click Connect
(Old Cisco AnyConnect VPN client required "vpn.sfsu.edu" to be used in the Portal Address box).
If you need assistance, please submit a ticket to the CHSS Help Desk.
- P-card expenses related to COVID-19 in excess of $1,000 per transaction need pre-approval by Michael Scott. Other than pre-approval, P-card transactions should be handled the same way as before, i.e., do not need go through Procurement for further approval.
- Shipping and Receiving is operating with limited hours and staffing. Please contact your vendors to have your deliveries placed on hold. If your shipment is en route, please contact Shipping and Receiving so they can notify the carrier to hold the package for you until shelter-in-place is lifted.
- Temporary Equipment and Purchasing Policy for items shipped to locations currently providing remote instruction and services (e.g., home delivery)
- Travel FAQs for COVID-19 crisis Please note: The Chancellor’s Office updated the travel guidance to extend the suspension of all international and non-essential domestic travel to July 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The travel restriction may be extended beyond this date.
- SF State Information Technology Services: Continunity tools for working remotely, such as Zoom, Box and Microsoft Teams
- Academic Technology: Continuity resources for academic departments
- Instructional Continuity: Guides for instructors and students to make the shift to remote education
Faculty: Also see CHSS resource page on Remote Instruction
Regular CHSS resources
CHSS Help Desk
Use the Help Desk to submit requests for help with IT, web support or Operations/Facilities.
Phone: (415) 405-3691
Forms and Documents Repository
Find forms, documents and branding tools (formerly housed on the Intranet)
Note: These documents are stored in Box. If you are unfamiliar with Box, please refer to the Box at SF State User Guide. Contact Alex Weiglin if you have require access to the Box folder.
- Room Scheduling with Outlook
- Overview of CHSS IT Services & Computer Labs
- HRMS (PeopleSoft) Login
- Fiscal Affairs Quick Links
- Key Request
To access Universitywide resources, such as iLearn, Gateway and email, visit the SF State login page.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact email@example.com.